How to Migrate Data to CSV?
If you're looking to migrate your project data to CSV format, you're in luck! It's actually a pretty straightforward process that makes organizing and analyzing project-related information a breeze. Ready to get started? Just follow these simple steps using our Migration Wizard:
1. Head over to app.relokia.com and create your account, or simply sign in if you're already a member.
2. Time to kick off your migration journey! Hit the Start new migration button.
3. Now, let's setup a new migration.
4. Choose the project management system from which you wish to export data. Provide the necessary access credentials to establish the connection.
5. It's time to select the project or workspace you want to export to CSV format. Take your pick!
6. To make CSV your destination format, simply select it and click Continue.
7. Next up, decide which records you want to export. Tick the checkboxes next to each record.
If you select the "Task" box, you'll be prompted to map the corresponding status fields.
8. Save the mapping configuration and click Continue to start the Demo export.
9. As the export takes place, the Migration Wizard will generate a handy archive containing Demo results, including both Users and Tasks.
Click Demo Migration results and open the .zip file and carefully inspect the spreadsheet files for Tasks and Users. Double-check the formatting and ensure all the necessary records are present. If everything looks good, you're ready to move on to the Full Data Migration.
Your Actions During the Full Data Migration
You have two options here. You can simply close the tab and let the migration run autonomously. Once it's completed, you'll receive an email notification. Alternatively, you can log in to your account and monitor the progress from time to time.
Your Actions After the Full Data Migration
Once the Full Data Export is finished, you can download the final files by clicking the corresponding buttons.
How to open a CSV file in Excel?
Opening a CSV (Comma-Separated Values) file in Excel is quite simple. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Open Excel: Launch Microsoft Excel on your computer.
- Go to the 'File' Menu: Click on the 'File' menu located in the top-left corner of the Excel window.
- Select 'Open': Choose the 'Open' option from the menu.
- Choose the CSV file: Once you've located the CSV file, select it by clicking on it once.
- Select 'Open': Click the 'Open' button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Check Import Wizard (if needed): In some versions of Excel, an Import Wizard may appear. Ensure the settings match your preferences for how the data should be imported (e.g., delimiter settings if the file isn't comma-separated). Then, proceed with the 'Finish' or 'OK' button.
- CSV file in Excel: Your CSV file should now be open in Excel, displaying its contents in spreadsheet format.
Remember, if the CSV file uses a delimiter other than a comma (such as semicolon or tab), Excel might not automatically recognize the correct format upon opening. In such cases, the Import Wizard will allow you to specify the delimiter used in the CSV file to properly format the data in Excel.
How to open CSV in Numbers?
Do you need help with opening CSV files on your Mac without using Excel? No worries! To access CSV files in Numbers on your macOS device, follow these steps:
- Save the CSV file to your device and locate it.
- Right-click on the file and choose "Open With" → "Numbers."
- If the file doesn't display correctly, click on "Adjust Settings".
- In the Import Settings dialog, select your delimiter and click "Update Table." For more advanced adjustments like file encoding (e.g., UTF-8), click on "Advanced Settings."
The file will now open as a spreadsheet in Numbers, ready for editing.