Any product we create or sell aims at earning money. And a work operating system or product management platform helps our teams to achieve that revenue point. So the question is how to find that very software?
We’d not be surprised if you are considering Monday vs Teamwork. Those project management platforms are worth your attention and can enhance your daily workflow efficiently. Which one is right for you? Let’s compare them thoroughly and figure that out.
Monday vs Teamwork: General Comparison
Like any other team collaboration tool, Teamwork and Monday.com have basic similarities. Both platforms have an intuitive dashboard to track all projects and team members at the same time. Plus, Teamwork and Monday.com have a free account and offer a free trial for all pricing plans. Besides, both project management systems provide high-level security with HTTPS, multi-factor authentication, and encryption.
Monday.com Review: Feature-set in Display
- Kanban board: Structure your tasks as cards in a series of columns marked by colors and move them manually or automatically between them when tasks are finished. View and update your work in real-time from multiple devices together with your team members.
- Board templates: Get access to available templates precisely for your type of project. It is up to you to choose if you would like to start your board from scratch or use these Monday.com templates.
- Templates: Designed to navigate you through the ways you can structure the workflow. It is a great way to move forward if you know what needs to be done but are unsure how to structure the process.
- Numerous views: See your project and its every aspect with Chart, Timeline, Files, Workload, and Map views. Monday allows you to assign users to activities, track their time, receive alerts on actions, control who can access the boards, add updates, and mention users in it.
- Calendar: Breaks down your workflow and shows items by date, week, or month.
- Gantt view: See each task on a timeline with all dependency connections. If you shift one task, you instantly see the delay of other dependent tasks.
- Formula column: Create formulas to do data calculations.
- Dependency column: Ensure consistent relations between tasks. One task can start after another finish.
- Workload: Receive a clear breakdown of your team’s capability to dive into resources wisely.
- Shareable forms: You can create forms from your dashboard and share them with your teammates.
- Automations: Automate your repetitive tasks by setting up customizable actions on your board.
- Time tracking: Monitor and track time spent on every task and project.
- Monday work docs: You can 1) embed any board, dashboard, image, video, and more in your work doc; 2) edit any doc together with your team; 3) create a visual task list; 4) receive comments and tag team members.
- Multi-level permissions: Get complete control over your account with robust permissions at every level.
- Customizable notifications: Receive notification in the Bell notification tab every time the update is connected directly to your account.
- Various add-ons: Extend the capabilities of the Monday.com project by adding apps.
- Mobile apps: You can use Monday.com on your mobile phone (Android and iOS).
- Automations: Use triggers to perform actions (send an email, notify, create change status, etc.) when the previous action occurs.
- Integrations: Monday.com integrates with a wide range of apps. For instance, you can connect it to Outlook, Dropbox, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google apps, Zoom, Excel, LinkedIn, Zapier, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
What Can You Do in Teamwork? Digging into Functionality
- Kanban board: Visualize your tasks in a board view and spot blockers right away.
- Customizable dashboards: Get a real-time overview of updates, tasks, events, and milestones across your projects in one place.
- Task templates: Create reusable templates for task lists, default categories, welcome emails, default user permissions, checklists, or use templates prepared by Teamwork.
- Project templates: Turn your entire project into pre-built templates so you can keep track of task sequences, access levels intact, and dependencies.
- Project tags: Add tags to manage and organize so you can easily find them and report them.
- Task management: Create tasks and subtasks which can be assigned to multiple team members.
- Tableview: Get around your project more effectively.
- Portfolio: Quickly see the start and the end of every project, owner, update, and more.
- Workload: Study the capacity of the whole team so you can manage resources more effectively.
- Burndown Reporting: See task completion rate trends to know your project progress.
- Interactive Gantt charts: See your projects represented in a bar format with their timelines, tasks, and milestones. You can track how your project is developing and alert potential delays and blockers.
- Critical path: Highlight tasks that will impact the whole project if they are moved.
- Calendar view: Have a monthly view of tasks, events, and milestones in a workspace.
- Time tracking: Log time to individual tasks or projects to get an insight into how long tasks and projects take.
- Project Time Budget: Set a budget of time per project and use the time logged on the project to count the remaining budget over time. See which projects are exceeding the allocated time budget in real-time and move resources where necessary.
- Risk register: Record, structure, and track risks and add mitigation plans visible for the whole team. Export your risk register as an Excel spreadsheet or PDF file.
- Integrated Teamwork Chat: Instant messaging with other users is integrated into Teamwork.
- Mobile apps: Use Teamwork mobile apps for Android and iOS to work on projects and add updates on the go.
- Automations: Automate the processes by adding triggers to actions.
- Integrations: Teamwork can be connected to Slack, Jira, Trello, Asana, Clockify, Google Drive, Sharepoint, and many other apps.
Monday vs Teamwork: Pricing Check-Up
Before choosing between Teamwork and Monday.com pricing plans, you need to weigh your budget. Consider both the size of your team and the required feature set. That’s why let’s take a look at what pricing plan meets your budget and business needs.
How Much Does Monday.com Cost?
When it comes to Monday.com pricing plans, the platform offers 5 main packages: Individual, Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise. Except for the first option, other plans have a free 14-day trial period that you can try before the actual purchase.
Individual plan is free of charge with up to 2 sets. The package includes unlimited docs, over 20 column types, unlimited boards, 200+ templates, iOS, and Android apps.
With Basic plan, you have everything from the Individual plan and additional features. Here Monday.com offers unlimited items, prioritized customer support, unlimited free viewers, 5 GB file storage. With this plan, you can create a dashboard based on one board.
Standard plan includes all capabilities from the previous plans and costs $10 per seat per month. You also get Timeline & Gantt views, guest access, integrations, automations, and a calendar view. Moreover, you can create a dashboard that includes up to 5 boards.
With Pro plan, you can use the full potential of the app to streamline your workflow. Apart from the functionality of the Standard plan, the package offers private board and docs, time tracking, dependency column, chart view, formula column, integrations, and automation. Plus, you can combine up to 10 boards to create one dashboard.
As for Enterprise plan, you need to contact the support team for the Monday.com cost. This pricing plan includes everything from the Pro plan and other features: advanced reporting & analytics, enterprise-scale automations & integrations, multi-level permissions, premium support, enterprise-grade security & governance, tailored onboarding. Besides, you can unite up to 50 boards into one dashboard.
How Much Does Teamwork Cost?
Teamwork offers four pricing plans: Free Forever, Deliver, Glow, and Enterprise. You can try the last three plans with a free 30-day trial without providing card details. In contrast to Monday.com, Teamwork packages include built-in integrations, Zapier, Box.com, OneDrive Personal, Dropbox, Slack, MS Teams, Harvest, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, QuickBooks, and Xero.
Free Forever plan is free of charge for individuals and small teams who only start working with the project management tool. It is designed for basic project & task management. In addition, the pricing plan offers milestones and messages.
Deliver plan costs $10 per user per month to manage multiple projects. The package offers 20 project templates, an agile view with workflow, teams, time tracking & invoicing, unlimited free client users, collaborative document editor. Recently, Teamwork has added integrated team chat, table view, and intake forms.
Glow plan includes everything from the Deliver plan plus more advanced features. For example, this pricing plan has 50 project templates, custom fields, workflow resource Mgmt, project time budget, resource scheduling, and project portfolio workflows. Plus, there is a new feature, utilization reports.
As for Enterprise plan, you have to contact the Teamwork team for the pricing fee. This pricing plan includes everything in Grow plus Enterprise class security, extra branding control, single sign-on (SSO), onboarding training, enterprise-class security, enterprise-specific API.
In addition, Glow and Enterprise plan support integrations with HubSpot, OneDrive Business, SharePoint, Microsoft Projects, and SoftSync.
Comparing Teamwork and Monday Pricing
Monday.com’s free plan is richer in features compared to Teamwork and offers a mobile app. However, you can have only two users on Mobday.com, while Teamwork enables you to have unlimited team members on board.
Teamwork’s Deliver and Monday.com’s Standard have the same price, $10 per user per month, but they differ in features. Teamwork offers only 20 project templates, while Monday.com has over 200. Both platforms use different tools for automation: Monday.com has 250 automation actions per month, and Teamwork integrates with Zapier. However, Teamwork has time tracking & invoicing.
Monday.com’s Pro is cheaper than Teamwork’s Glow, with the price of $16 per set per month. While you have one dashboard with 5 boards combined on Monday.com, you can have 50 project templates. Automation also differs in both project management tools. Monday.com offers 250 automation actions, while Teamwork supports integrations to do so. When Monday.com provides a rich set of integrations and add-ons, Teamwork supports just several ones.
Both Teamwork and Monday.com plans include advanced security control features. For example, Monday.com offers more than 250 000 automation and integration actions, while Teamwork supports Zapier to automate repetitive tasks. As for sign-in, both platforms have different options: Teamwork supports single sign-on (SSO), Monday.com has multi-level permissions. If you need advanced security, Teamwork's Enterprise plan is more suitable. But, in case you require more robust features, then choose Monday.com.
Monday vs Teamwork: Which Service Works Better?
Monday.com and Teamwork teams are working hard to keep their platforms advanced and on the same level as other project management system leaders. But, nothing is perfect, and everything has its advantages and disadvantages.
What are Monday.com Pros & Cons?
Monday.com offers its users a well-designed platform with such advantages as:
- Modern and intuitive UI: Adapt the platform to your needs and automate repetitive processes.
- Suits for collaboration of large teams: You can combine your boards in one dashboard to track your team’s progress. The number of boards depends on the pricing plan.
- Wide range of views: Monday.com provides Timeline & Gantt views, calendar view, and chat view to have everything sorted and in the right place.
- Numerous templates: Access over 200 different templates customizable for every industry and business.
- Various training options: you can learn how to work with Monday.com in person, live online, or using webinars, videos, and documentation.
However, when users set up Monday.com, they face such issues as:
- Uses tiered pricing: Monday.com has 5 different pricing plans, so it’s hard for users to choose the right one.
- Limited mobile app: The mobile app supports both iOS and Android, but lacks some features.
- Lacks some integrations: Monday.com supports only integrations designed for CRM, Marketing, Software development, and Project management.
What are Teamwork Benefits & Shortcomings?
Speaking about Teamwork’s advantages, we can single out the following:
- Great for complex projects: You can easily manage individual tasks and the whole project at once.
- Includes Gantt chart: Have a close look at your Teamwork tasks and Teamwork projects. This way, you anticipate downfalls and prevent them.
- Offers effective time tracking.
- Allows automating triggers to streamline workflow.
- Multiple integrations: Teamwork integrates with various tools and apps in such categories as sales & marketing, reporting, connectors, accounting, time tracking, and more.
- Desktop app: Teamwork has a desktop version, so users always have access to their projects.
Despite the number of benefits, Teamwork has the following drawbacks:
- It takes time to explore: The functionality of Teamwork is rather complicated, so it’s hard to handle the platform at first.
- Slow load time: It takes some time to sign in to the platform.
- Limited mobile app: Mobile version isn't as effective as a web one.
- Unavailable offline mode: You can access the platform only with an internet connection.
How to Migrate Your Project Management Data?
Data migration is yet another project you need to manage when you want to migrate to a project management solution with more advanced capabilities.
Teamwork supports a couple of integrations to import data from other project management tools. For instance, you import data from Asana, Basecamp, Trello, and Wrike directly into the platform. Besides, you can connect the project management platform with Microsoft Projects to migrate data between apps. As for Monday.com, the platform doesn’t offer any in-built options.
However, both Monday.com and Teamwork allow you to export and import your data using a third-party app. For example, you can try the Project Management migration service to transfer your data automatedly. Besides, Teamwork has published this solution on its marketplace as a certified partner app.
Overall, both platforms offer a wide variety of features and integrations. Monday.com and Teamwork are suitable for small and middle-sized businesses to automate their workflow. If you just get familiar with project management tools, then you can try Teamwork. The platform offers better team management and a simple UI. Monday.com, on the other hand, fits larger teams with more complex projects.
Still, Monday.com and Teamwork have a free pricing plan so you can test each tool before making your ultimate decision. And, when you choose your desirable solution, you know which device will migrate your data automatedly.
Ready to get started?
Let’s migrate your data automatedly